Sunday, July 26, 2009

Clothes

Alright, here’s my rant of the week: clothes.


What is it with clothing? Yes I know that we have to wear it, and that’s not what I’m talking about. What I’m talking about is that fact that women’s clothing looks like it’s been shellacked on while guys’ clothing looks like it’s a hand me down from their older brother. The way girls clothing is designed practically nothing is left up to the imagination, but with guys’ all you have is imagination. You can’t see ANYTHING, and I don’t mean that in a dirty way I just mean it in general. For example, I was at the store buying dog food, and there was a really cute casher working the register. He had a strong face, nice hair, pierced ears, and a star tattoo, but past that he could have had the worst body ever and I would have never known. I mean his butt was basically a void of denim, and his upper body was no better off. I’m sure he had a body of some kind under those clothes, but I certainly couldn’t see it. The kicker is that all of these clothes were probably actually his size.


I know that it’s wrong and demeaning to ogle somebody, but I guess my problem is that our clothes feel like they’re basically designed to enable guys to ogle us. While guy's clothes seem to be designed to hide almost everything and look just plain sloppy, which in my opinion does not help their chances with women in any way.

Aaron

No comments: