Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"Congratulations, It's a SNI!"/Teaser Tuesday

(AKA, Shiny New Idea, for those of you that aren't writers).

For those of you that know me, you probably know of my inability to never stick to one story for long. Just like when I read, I have to be reading 5 books at once, not 1. Well, it's the same with my writing (I have a short attention span, so sue me! :P).

So, today, instead of sharing another teaser of "The Angel Experiment", I thought I'd share with you a teaser of my latest SNI. But before I do that, I thought I'd also share with you how this newest story came to be.

It was just this afternoon, as a matter of fact, while I was in the shower, agonizing over what I should write to keep me excited while I plug away at TAE. And it was in the middle of washing my hair, that the idea occurred to me. It wasn't just one idea, it was kind of this big pile of ideas that I've been playing around with for a few days that all kind of came together and said, "make a story out of us!" Now I won't say what the story is about just yet cuz I don't want to jinx it so early on in the writing process, but I will leave you with this little gem (AKA this week's teaser), that came into my head as I was putting the pieces of the story together:

If I were at an AA meeting, my intro. to the group would be a little different then everyone else's. Instead of saying the traditional, "Hello, my name is Rumor and I'm an alcoholic," mine would be something like this: "Hello, my name is Rumor and my boyfriend tried to kill me."

Bet you didn't see that one coming, did you?

Well, neither did I.

~Ella

P.S. Props to Bruce Willis and his wife for deciding to name their daughter Rumor, how awesome of a name is that?! :D

No comments: