Monday, August 17, 2009

I'm baaaack + Some exciting stuff!

I'm back from my second minnie vacation! We just got back today and I am wiped but I won't let that stop me from updating you, I promise!

Anyway, we stayed the night in this beautiful log cabin in the boonies that was really cute and comfortable with an awesome view of the mountains and trees! And the food that we had in the town near the cabin was to die for! I also found this really cute book of made out of homemade paper filled with inspirational quotes on the inside- just the thing to boost a writer's creativity! :)

So, onto the exciting stuff!

1) I didn't want to say anything until I knew it was a for sure thing, but...*Drum roll, please* Soon, we'll have the immense pleasure of posting our first ever author interview on the blog!!!! Who are we interviewing, you ask? Why, Cayla Kluver, the awesome, totally inspirational, 16-year-old author of "Legacy"!!! :D (So stay tuned for the interview, along a review of "Legacy"!)

2) Last night I finished reading "Legacy" by Cayla Kluver and LOVED it, you should seriously check it out, it's AMAZING! (And I'm not just saying that cuz she agreed to be interviewed by us, "Legacy" really is the BOMB!)

3) Also last night, after agonizing over what to write for hours and not coming up with a single sentance, as soon as I went off and did something totally unrelated to writing (playing fetch with my dog-is it just me, or do you see a pattern forming here?) the climax to my WIP "The Angel Experiment" popped into my head and I was so excited I just had to scribble it down! What's so amazing about all this, is that the ending of a story is usually the hardest part for me to come up with and now, here it is! Do you think this means something? Possibly that unknown forces are leading me in the right direction with this story so that I can finally write "The End"? We shall see... :D

It's great to be back!

~Ella

2 comments:

Eleni said...

Welcome back Ella! Glad you had a relaxing mini vacation! I can't wait to read your interview, Cayla Kluver is awesome! I had the privilege to interview her and she's such a sweet girl. Legacy is awesomeeeee, on my top 5 fave books now! =]

-Eleni

The Blogger Girlz said...

Hey Eleni!

Thanks, glad to be back! :) Minnie vacations are good for the brain I think, gives it a bit of a creative recharge, especially if your a writer like me! :)

I had a lot of fun interviewing Cayla, she's such a sweet and funny girl! And so inspiring! I never would have been able to write like her when I was 14, that's for sure! And I absolutly ADORE "Legacy" and am PINING for the sequal!

Thanks for your support! I really liked your interview with Cayla, great questions!

~Ella