Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 New Year Wishes

It's New Year's Eve and time for a new set of resolutions for the year! But instead of doing resolutions like I had originally planned, I've decided to take a leaf out of YA writer Natalie Whipple's book and list my New Year's Wishes for the year:

Personal Wishes

1. Take better care of myself, physically, mentally, and emotionally next year then I did this year. This year and last year were both super stressful, so stressful in fact, that I'd almost make myself sick. Well next year I plan to stress less, and breathe more.

2. Live in the moment. I'm a worry wart (thanks for passing that on, Mom :P) and I tend to worry and wonder about the future quite a bit. Who I'll be, where I'll be, what's going to happen tomorrow, or the next day...you know, that kind of thing and it gets pretty tiring after a while, and next year I plan to try and go with the flow, and take things as the come and just not worry so much in general, just be happy in the present, in the here and now.

3. Pamper myself more. Next year I plan to take time to light candles, meditate, listen to soothing music, drink tea, and maybe eat some chocolate whenever the mood strikes me. :)

4. Train for the local triathlon in May and be conditioned and fit enough to successfully complete 20 laps in the pool on the day of the event.

5. Don't let school get me down. The new semester of college starts in a few weeks and I'm actually pretty stoked! I'm taking a history course and a creative writing course (finally!) Next year if it gets to be too much and I feel like pulling my hair out, I'll promptly get up from the computer, leave the room and go do something soothing to calm me down so I can return to work with a clear head.

6. Get out more/try new things. This year I was so busy with school that I barely left the house! Next year I plan to get out of the house at least once a day, even if it's just to take a ten minute walk. Also, I plan to get out and do things at least 3 times a week, like going out for coffee or going to the library.

Professional Wishes

1. Set aside time to write at least 3 times a week.

2. Follow my newly created goals for completing short stories.

3. Write (and complete) 5 short stories.

4. Blog (and comment on other's blogs) at least 3 times a week.

5. Expand on one short story using my goals for completing short stories and make it into a novel.

6. Take chances with my writing and step outside of my writing comfort zone.

7. Find more people willing to critique my writing and critique thiers in return.

Those are my wishes for 2010, now what are yours? HAPPY NEW YEAR! MAY ALL YOUR WISHES COME TRUE! :)

~Ella

1 comment:

Katie Ganshert said...

Your number 2 sounds really familiar. I also want to live in each moment. Not in the past or not in the future, but right where I am. Life's too short.

I hope your wishes comes true!