Thursday, May 13, 2010

Write A Lot Wednesday


Yesterday was the second week of Write A Lot Wednesday and, well...let's just say that it didn't go as smoothly as week one. Fist off, it didn't help that I spent the morning wasting time looking through other people's blogs and surfing, then it didn't help that I had to spend the afternoon trying to finish editing an essay that I have to turn in to apply for a scholarship in addition to spending over an hour online searching for a class to take this summer as well as classes for the new school year.

So, yeah, by the time I got around to actually writing anything, it was hour before American Idol was supposed to start and all I wanted to do was sit on the couch and veg for the rest of the night. But, since my mom and sisters were out watching my little sister preform with her music class at school, I decided that that would be the perfect opportunity to get at least some writing done.

And, low and behold, I did! Once I got back in front of the computer and started listening to the awesome band, The Corrs, I got all inspired and ended up writing right up till eight, when American Idol started. It was slow going at first and I wasted some time with switching back and forth between songs in iTunes, but, a little writing is better then none at all, right?

Here last night's WALW stats to prove that I got something written:

The Little Novel That Could
Total Word Count: 342
Total Page Count: 1 and quarter
Total Chapter Count: 1


The Witch's Daughter
Total Word Count: 106
Total Page Count: 1


I'm pleased with the stats, and at one point I actually started to get into the writing and have fun, but hopefully next week will be a tad more productive. :P

~Ella

P.S. I still need three more words in order to write my short story incorporating five words that you guys suggest, so go suggest a word if you haven't already, I'd really appreciate it! :)

No comments: