Monday, September 20, 2010

45 Days to Done!

I realize that it has been forever since I last posted, but I have a good explanation for this: life, school, and a serious lack of inspiration on what to write about in future posts has kept me from blogging (well, that, along with the sudden flood of awesome fall TV that usually starts to make its long-awaited appearance around this time! Speaking of TV, have you guys seen The Vampire Diaries Season 2 and Life Unexpected Season 2 along with the 1st season of the new show Hell Cats? Now those shows=awsomesauce! :)) so, my dear readers, I apologize and I hope to make it up to you soon, maybe by post once or twice a week? Anything in particular you would like me or Aaron to blog about? Let us know in the comments!



Whew! Now that we've gotten that out of the way, onto the real reason for this post! A few days ago (September 17th, to be exact) I was hit with an idea. Not just any idea, oh no, this idea hit me with a bang! So forceful was the power of this idea that as soon as I got it I immediately e-mailed my critique group to see what they thought about it.


My hands were shaking the entire time I was writing the e-mail, whether from excitement over having finally had a breakthrough after weeks of a writing dry spell, or from fear that my group would hate the idea (in reality, they've been really enthusiastic and supportive, yay for fabulous critique groups!) I have no idea, all I knew was, I hadn't felt that charged up about an idea, or writing, in far too long, so I went with and today, to make it more official and as a way to try and hold myself accountable for my crazy goals, I've created a new page on our blog, dedicated to my journey of writing this new WIP called 45 Days to Done! Here's a description of what DTD is all about:


From September 17-October 31, I will chronicle my journey of writing my current WIP-in 45 days! My goal is to have a 25,000-50,000 word rough draft written by October 31, 2010-Halloween! So wish me luck and hold on tight, spider monkey, it's going to be a bumpy (but fun) ride! :)



So, that said, I hope you all will join me in my crazy pursuit of: A FINISHED ROUGH DRAFT! 'Cause I'm gonna need all the help-and support-I can get! :)



~Ella

No comments: