Thursday, June 2, 2011

JuNoWriMo Day 1: Update

Ella



Did I meet my daily goal: Even better...I surpassed it! My daily goal is to write 200 words a day and I managed to get 611! :)
How it went: At the beginning, it was like torture because I had no idea what to even write about (still don't, really). Plus, I was just really scared and unsure of myself and my writing abilities, I wasn't sure if I had it in me anymore and I actually started to sweat and my hands got all clammy and I wanted to cry...Oh, it was awful, but, after a bit, I got into a good groove and actually started to enjoy myself! Ha, imagine that! So, crisis averted...for now. :P
My biggest obstacle of the day: My biggest obstacles of the day were a lack of confidence/good ideas/a good plot. I'll have to work on these, any suggestions?
My favorite sentence(s): TBA




Aaron



Did I meet my daily goal: Yes.
How it went: It went pretty well. I haven't had time to write at all lately, so it felt really good to have writing as a priority again.
My biggest obstacle of the day: Finding time was definitely my biggest obstacle. All day I kept wanting to write, but I had to hold off until all my homework was done, which wasn't until late so I ended up with only an hour of writing time. I guess I'll just have to get better at time management
My favorite sentence(s): "Of course I knew I was a freak. Everyone knew it. They could tell it just by looking at me."




~ Ella and Aaron

2 comments:

Shallee said...

I love this format of JuNo updates! Looks like you two made excellent progress. Ella, way to go on blowing your goal out of the water. And, for help on all the things you mentioned, I HIGHLY recommend the book Story Engineering by Larry Brooks. It's A-MAZ-ING.

Aaron, I know what you mean about finding the time to write. Time management is a pain with the business of daily life. Way to go finding that hour, though!

Also, when you tweet about JuNo, if you use the hashtag #JuNoWriMo, you can connect easier with other JuNo buddies!

Good luck with the rest of the month! :)

Unknown said...

That's great that you both met your goals!

Aaron I have to schedule my writing time as well, and when things don't go as planned I get pretty bummed out as well. I hope that you find the time that you want and need tomorrow!

Good luck to you both!