Saturday, October 22, 2011

NaNoWriMo 2011: T minus 9

The trees are naked, there's frost on the windshields, pumpkin is showing up in the strangest foods, and every child wants to tell me about their Halloween costume. But I'm oblivious to all of this. Yes, sadly, even the children.

The only thing on my mind is NaNoWriMo, which is 9 days away. At this time last year I had 20 days of planning under my belt and was raring to. This year to date I been able to fit in exactly one day of planning.

Don't get me wrong, I know exactly what I'm doing. It's all up here (points at head), which is all well and good. Only I'd feel a lot better if it were somewhere other than in my mind because a) that makes it sound like I'm delusional and b) what if I get a concussion or loose my memory? Forget my memories, I could loose my story!

So, in preparation for any sort of ACME inspired accident I'm declaring the next 8 days my official planing time. Every night after work I'll do some sort of planing related activity and every morning I'll post it here so that I'm motivated to do it.

-Aaron

1 comment:

Delin Colón said...

I found your site through www.marlenedotterer.wordpress.com

You guys both crack me up - a very dry sense of humor, the likes of which I haven't seen in a while. And I admire you both for writing fiction. It takes someone of great imagination. It's so much easier to do non-fiction because most of the work is already done. All you have to do is research it...that's my forte.

I'm not much of a blogger - in fact I don't have one - but if you're so inclined, my book, "Rasputin and The Jews: A Reversal of History" is at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1461027756

And I have an article published on Yahoo Associated Content, synopsizing my book:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8510461/rasputin_was_hated_for_helping_the.html?cat=37

As well as a thorough review of my book at:
http://booksnthoughts.com/the-truth-about-rasputin-helping-jews/

Good to know you
Delin