Thursday, November 1, 2012

Week 21: The Next Big Thing



Last week, my partner in crime, Ella, drafted me as one of her five, so in keeping with The Next Big Thing blog hop this week it’s my turn.
 
What is the working title of your book?
The book is Battle Cry, and the series is ÆGLÆCA.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
About a year ago I posted a story on Ink Pop and was quickly informed that it was predictable and blah. This story came form all that survived that short story when I was through with it: water, bay, and siblings.
 
What genre does your book fall under?
YA Sci Fi.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Not telling.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Everyone lives with the knowledge one day their family could wakeup to an empty bed, but when that day comes for Thea her bed isn’t the one that’s empty.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Represented by an agency

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Since it’s a Work in Progress the first draft hasn’t actually been completely written.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?  
The Hunger Games, I guess, but the only similarity is that both stories are set in what used to be the U.S. and both main characters are girls and have younger sisters. But, I just picked that book because it was preferable to picking nothing, but honestly I don’t know.

Who or What inspired you to write this book?
The inspiration came from a trip to the little Alaskan town of Seldovia. Flying over in a tiny six seater plane I had the chance to look down and see all the bays, mountains, and islands that surrounded it. So little of that area is inhabited and the towns there are completely cut off from each other by land. Without the modern convenience of planes, all they’re left with is the ocean, and that idea fascinated me.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
 Thea, the main character, can absorb heat and redirect it through her skin.
 
And with that I tag … who knows. I’ll let you know when I do.

Beware, you could be next.

-Aaron

No comments: