Thursday, June 27, 2013

The Sum of its Parts


I’ve been working on a new character this week, and boy is she a hard girl to nail down.

Personality wise, I at least have an idea. She’s an incredibly damaged survivor of an alien invasion. Her family is all dead, and she’s stuck just trying to survive.

Looks wise, I’ve got nothing. I know her clothes need to be raggedy with lots of layers covering most of her skin, but I can’t see her. Usually I have some idea of how characters look, and then I turn to Google or Pinterest to find the right look. But this time, nothing.

So I’ve had to resort to finding all the components I want, and draw her myself.

Here’s what I’ve gathered so far, and I’ll post my finished product next week.









Here's hoping I can put them all together to make the person I see in my head.

-Aaron

No comments: