Monday, October 12, 2009

NaNoWriMo Teaser!

As you can see from my sparkly new badge on the blog, I am going to particapaite in NaNoWriMo again this year(be sure to add me as a friend, I'll need all the support I can get: breezysea23) and have been trying to come up with a story to work on for the big event! The following is a little something I cooked up just a little while ago in an attempt to answer that burning question. Enjoy, and let me know what you think in the comments! :)

Unveiled

I followed him through the dense underbrush until he came to a stop at a clearing. I crouched behind a tree, waiting expectantly. Michael had his back to me, as he stood in the middle of the clearing, standing completely and utterly still. He stood that way for what felt like forever, periodically moving his head slightly to the left and then to the right, like an animal searching for his prey, as if he was trying to sense something...or someone.
My legs began to cramp painfully and just as I considered giving up on my quest to find answers, he moved. Only it wasn't in the way that I expected. Instead of walking around, or sitting, I saw Michael's hands move, and before I knew what was happening, he had pulled his T-shirt up over his head and tossed it to the forest floor.

The cramp suddenly gone from my legs, I watched with fascination. My eyes grew wide at the sight of his smooth, muscled back and traveled from his bare neck to his broad shoulders and down his--
And that's when I saw it: two dark, jagged lines, sitting side-by-side in the middle of his shoulder blades, like cuts, or scars-
Or burns

Puzzled by this new development, I wondered what horrible thing had taken place to cause such terrible marks on such flawless skin. Then, as if he had heard my thoughts, Michael turned around, facing in my direction. Then, before I could get away without being detected, he was by my side in a matter of seconds. His breath was hot in my ear, and his tone was so livid and dangerous, it made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end, as he whispered, “didn't anyone tell you, Sarah? Curiosity killed the cat…”

~Ella

No comments: