Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Hills are Alive... With the Sound of Music?

Okay here it is: why do people insist on bursting into song for no apparent reason?

No, I am not talking about in a Disney movie. I am talking about real life. Have you ever noticed that some people do actually randomly burst into song? They can be in the middle of taking a shower, taking a walk, eating dinner, or doing their homework and they just start belting it out. It can be very surprising if you aren’t prepared for it. I say this from experience the first time that my roommate did it it almost gave me a heart attack. She was doing her makeup and then all of a sudden she was belting out “Hot and Cold” by Katy Perry. I almost fell out of my chair. It was not pleasant.
Frankly, I don’t care if they’re horrible or great I just want to know why. What drives a person to randomly start belting out a song? Does it comfort them? Is it because there is nothing good on the radio? Are they in the middle of fantasizing about American Idol? Did they used to take choir? Are they a minister child? Why!?!
I’m not saying that the world couldn’t use some more singing it’s just why are they doing it? Will someone please explain it to me?

And yes I really am looking for an answer to this question.
-Aaron

No comments: