Saturday, October 10, 2009

Thank God for Katy Perry, Allison Sudol, and Penn Badgley!


You may remember me saying "thank God for Katy Perry" in an earlier post and I promised I'd tell you why. Well, here's why:

Not only is Katy Perry a beautiful girl and an awesome singer, but she is also the inspration for my newest WIP! The other day (October 9th, to be exact), I was listening to her song "Waking up in Vegas" when a particular part in the lyrics jumped out at me:

Don't call your mother
'Cause now we're partners in crime
Don't be a baby
Remember what you told me

When I heard the part "'Cause now we're partners in crime", something in my writing brain clicked. I won't say too much more, I don't wanna jinx it, but when I heard that line, the ideas began to churn... :) So thank you Katy, thank you for writing such awesome lyrics and for making my writing brain finally come back to life after all this time, I am truly grateful! And you can bet I'll use several of your songs for my book's playlist!)


Another person I thank God for is Allison Sudol! She's the lead singer for the band A Fine Frenzy, and man is she gorgeous and man can she sing! Anyway, she is also another inspiration for my new WIP, as the main character, also named Allison who also might have red hair! Thank you Allison from AFF, you rock! :)


And last but definatly not least, I also thank God for Penn Badgley, the star of the new movie, "The Stepfather" which looks AWESOME! :) And, surprise, surprise, Penn is ANOTHER inspiration for my new WIP as the leading man, Micheal! Thank you Penn, for your awesome acting skillz and your total hotness/leading manness, I love you! :D <3

See, aren't these guys just full of awesomeness? Allison (from AFF) and Penn will make kick ass lead characters and Katy will be an awesome part of the soundtrack, should my WIP ever be made into a movie, now I just gotta write the dang thing, first! :p Hopefully these guys'll make that process just a little more fun! :)

~Ella

No comments: