Sunday, March 7, 2010

Author Awesomeness and in Need of Some Advice!


Today I'm attempting to feel inspired instead of terrified when I think about continuing to work on Devour, so I thought I'd post two awesome vlogs that feature two authors I adore that make me feel inspired and a little less terrified! The first vlog features YA author Jackson Pearce and Disney princesses! What's not to love? :)



This vlog features YA author Maureen Johnson talking about why you should...DARE TO SUCK!



Aren't those awesome? And so true, too! Also, I need some advice: I'm leaving for vacation to Mexico on March 12th for two weeks, do you have any tips on how I can plow through writing my first draft (or least finish a nice chunk of it) while I'm away? Suggestions would be much appreciated! Happy writing, all! :)

~Ella

4 comments:

Aubrie said...

I'd do an outline and have turning points for each chapter to build to. Bring a few blank notebooks and a lot of pens and pencils! Make sure you have them with you on the plane.

lisa and laura said...

Those are fantastic vlogs! And Dare to Suck is the best advice ever. We always tell people to embrace the suck. It really does help get through the first draft and once you've got something down on paper all you've got to do is edit. Good luck!!!

zz said...

Hi Ella, great blog!

Writing on vacations...we always promise ourselves we'll do more than we ever do! I've learned that sometimes it's better to just have a vacation - rest, see new things, enjoy. If you feel inspired to plug away at your WIP, go for it, but don't forget that you need a break sometimes too.

If that isn't what you want to hear, I recommend locking yourself away for a scheduled hour or two each day and forcing yourself to write a least 300 words - good, bad or ugly!

Good luck and have fun in Mexico!

Hayley Lovell said...

You guys! I haz an award for you over at my blog!

Here's the link!

http://hayleys-hollow.blogspot.com/2010/03/award.html