My chosen profession is somewhat… restrictive in terms of self expression. Not presenting yourself in a certain way can result in not having a job, and for the most part I’m fine with that. However, there’s a part of me that will never be alright with having to dress and act a certain way, and that’s the part of me that I write into my work.
Basically, my main characters are the person I wish I could be. They…
- have a funky sense of humor.
- voice unique opinions on just about everything.
- live unconventional lives.
- express themselves through their clothing.
- do not have a typical hair color/style.
- are pierced and/or tattooed.
- aren’t afraid to stand out.