Sunday, October 9, 2011

ROW80: Check-In #1!

So Wednesday would have been my first official Check-In, but I didn't get around to writing anything that day, so we'll just call today my first official Check-In, K? K. :P

Anywho, today was a good day! After finishing my homework I forced myself to separate from my everyday life and responsibilities for a while and went to my room, turned on Pandora Radio and just wrote! Unfortunately, it wasn't as easy and fun as I hoped it would be. For awhile it felt like pulling teeth and then there were times where I would know what to write next and it would just burst from my fingers and then I would stop...start...stop...start...etc. and it kinda went like that the whole entire time, but in the end I manged to write 407 words (a little over one page) on my Sekrit Project, bringing the total word count up to 1,564 words!

So, all in all, not bad, I'd say, but now I know what happens when I don't write hardly anything for weeks, blah, gotta work on that!

Happy writing!
~Ella

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is tricky when you're trying to bring your ideas out onto paper. I actually have everything inside my head and know how it will go for my WIP. The real problem is sitting down and actually writing it. Once I do, it flows out rather well (if a little rough sometimes).

Just keep trying and it will come. Hope you get even more writing in over this next week :)

Anonymous said...

I had the exact same problem yesterday. I think I spent more time looking at the screen than writing! At least you got some words in though - yay!

Anonymous said...

Yay on the word count.

I always hope that if I turn on music and sit down and write, the words will flow out of me. But I find that many times the progress is bumpy.