Thursday, January 31, 2013

Weaponry, a Girlz Best Friend

Everyone should have a weapon of choice. That one piece that fits them perfectly.

For me it's always been knives, specifically torpedo knives. I'll always remember the first time I saw one. I'd never seen anything like it, and I knew from that first moment it was the weapon for me. There's just something about a two pound, double point, 15 inch knife that can break a plywood target in half if it broadsides it that will always do it for me.

But until I read Hunger Games, I hadn't put that much thought into what my main characters carried. Then I started to think about it, and I realized every girl deserves a weapon that's just hers. One that fits her perfectly and says more about her than she ever could on her own.

Valencia (ÆGLÆCA)
A traditional weapon for a girl who loves breaking tradition. Versatile, decorative, and deptive the Eskimo yo-yo is bola, toy, and art form all rolled into one. Not technically a weapon, it disables prey long enough for an up close kill.








Allison Miller (Monstrous)
A modern twist on the traditional it's a throwback to simpler times. Perfect for a killer on the run, in it's collapsed form it can be attached to the belt for easy transport. Yet, in it's extended form it's capable of disabling an enemy while keeping the user at a safe distance.




 Raisa Dolan (Soldier of the Black Thorn)
What cursed princess doesn't deserve a truly wicked weapon? Like it's owner, this knife with three edges twisting to a deadly point is nothing if not lethal. As versatile as it is dangerous, it's as adept at stabbing someone in the back as it is straight through the heart.





So, what's your MC's weapon of choice?

-Aaron

No comments: