Monday, June 3, 2013

Starting Fresh & The Book in a Month Club!

Hi lovely readers and long time no see! :)
 
I know, I know, it's been waaaay too long since our poor little blog's been updated and when I mentioned this to Aaron a few days ago, her and I both agreed that we were in a serious blogging rut and that it was time for a clean slate.  So!  Keep an eye out for some new changes over the coming weeks, including fancy new backgrounds like this one, (you like?  Aaron designed it herself!), new gadgets, and, most importantly, frequent updates! 
 
From now on we've decided to start fresh by creating a regular blog schedule, with me posting on Mondays and Aaron posting on Wednesdays on topics related to reading, writing, and whatever else comes to mind!  This way, you can come to expect a new post twice a week without having to wait weeks (or in this case, months!) to see whether or not we're going to post anything. 
 
And, of course, we love hearing from readers, so if you have any suggestions for blog topics or anything else, feel free to drop us an e-mail or leave a comment! :)
 
In other news, on May 20th, I decided to take the plunge and sign up for an online writing class called The Book in a Month Club, taught by the lovely Candace Havens!  The goal of the class is to write the first draft of your book during the first two weeks of the class and then revise that draft in the second two weeks! 

 Unfortunately, I didn't finish writing my first draft in 2 weeks like a lot of people in the class have, but I'm still going to plug away at it until I finish, hopefully before or on the final day of class, and I've decided to post weekly updates here until I reach THE END to help keep myself accountable!
 
I'm nearing the end of the class (the last day is June 20th) but I can say with complete certainty that it's been one of the most fun/challenging/supportive writing classes I've taken and I would highly recommend it! A new class starts on June 25th and it costs only $35!

I'm happy to be back and excited for this new chapter in our blogging lives!  Be sure to stop by on Wednesday for a post from Aaron! :)

Until next time,
~Ella

No comments: