Monday, November 9, 2009

Aaron's update

Well, it’s 8 days into NaNoWriMo, and so far I have successfully avoided posting anything about my progress on here. Lets hear it for avoidance 101.

Anyway, I figured that I’d eventually have to mention it, and I had a few free minutes so I thought now was a good a time as any.

So far it’s been going pretty well. I’ve been trying to do somewhere between 1,700 and 2,000 words a day, and more or less I’ve been meeting that quota so far. This may seem like a snail’s pace to some of you, but I’ve found that if I just sit down and crank out 10K then the next day I realize that I’ve already used up all of my ideas for that day as well. Plus I like consistency. I am definitely a tortoise type of girl, but that’s fine by me, turtles can be vicious little buggers.

Moving on, this year I’ve been hearing a lot about people’s plots running out of steam by the time they hit 30K, so this year I’m trying to take precautions to insure that this doesn’t happen to me. However, the side effect is that every time someone walks into my room they tend to stare at my wall and go “what the…” This reaction used to leave me scratching my head, but then I realized that all of the plot points tacked up over my bed only looked normal to me. Other than my “novel wall” I’ve also been making outlines of each of my chapters before I write them so I know all of the points that I need to hit. So far my devious plan seems to be working. My plot has been holding up pretty well, and I have high hopes that I’ll have enough to make it to 50K.

Other than all of that I don’t know what else to say about NaNoWriMo other than “keep it up” to everyone who’s doing it.

-Aaron

No comments: