Monday, June 17, 2013

Things I'm Loving

I was totally stumped on what I should write about for this week's post until I started thinking about all the different things I'm currently loving (aka obsessed with) at the moment.  So, for your reading and viewing pleasure, may I present: Things I'm Loving! :)

Covers


I'm not ashamed to admit that I have a love affair with book covers and usually half of the reason I decide to buy a book is based on whether or not I love the cover. So when I first saw the cover for Natalie Whipple's new book, HOUSE OF IVY AND SORROW, I literally squeed with delight!  Because not only have I been in love with the book's kick ass summery from day 1 and would buy the book just because of that, the fact that it now has a gorgeous cover to go with it just makes me want it even more! :)

Books

I've been in a bit of a reading rut the last few months, but as soon as I picked up THE COLLECTOR by Victoria Scott, I knew that the rut had come to an end!  I won't say too much here since I want to save the majority of my gushing for when I post a book review, but I'll tell you right now that this book is Hawt with a capital H! :)

T.V.

I've heard a lot about Buffy the Vampire Slayer over the years and about awesome and addictive it is, but I was never really convinced of its apparent awesomeness until a few months ago when I finally forced myself to just get on the Buffy bandwagon already and watch it and lemme tell you, I'm SO glad I did!  Even though some of the lines, special effects, and outfits are totally 90's and can be a little cheesy at times , don't let perturb you, because everything else, Buffy and her kick ass attitude/moves, loyal group of friends and some seriously twisted/swoony moments will leave you hooked and begging for more!

Writing

Lately, things on the writing front have been going really well since I decided to switch projects and work on something new for the remainder of my Book In A Month class.  I love the story and the characters and  I WILL finish the first draft before the end of the summer even if it kills me!  Besides using good music and anything chocolate/sweet-related to help keep me motivated as I write, I've also become addicted to using Pinterest, which has become a staple whenever I start a new project and has provided me with an endless source of inspiration.  If your interested, here are my boards for my WIP: General WIP Inspiration and Character Inspiration and to give you even more of an incentive to check them out, I give you one of my many inspirations for my love interest, played by (in my head, at least) the ridiculously attractive Asher Book. *swoon* :)

 
Your welcome,
~Ella

No comments: