Thursday, June 13, 2013

When I Become a (Famous) Author...



I like to think that my list is completely realistic, as long as I become a best selling author (which may or may not be pure fantasy), so when I become a (famous) author I plan to...

1.get my novel’s title tattooed somewhere on my body, most likely on the side of my leg.

2. dress up as my own MC for Halloween. This would be so cool, especially if my book managed to be famous enough that there were kids who dressed up as my MC too.

3. found a non-profit to help fund school libraries. There’s such a disparity of wealth between schools with some having enough for fantastic libraries while others have thirty year old collections.

4. be interviewed by Katie Couric. (Who we’d prefer to be interviewed is the question that sparked it all.) I’m a big fan of Oprah, Katie, and Ellen, but I don’t dance and whenever I think of Oprah I think “Book of the Month” and I don’t strike myself as a book of the month author.

5. build my dream home complete with my very own library.

6. follow the advice of Michael Connelly. “You know what I did after I wrote my first novel? I shut up and wrote twenty-three more.” The only thing I want to do more than publish a novel is publish multiple novels.

No comments: